Monday, March 26, 2018

Sunday - Mar. 25

Trail Run
 - Mohican State Park
 - 15.01 miles
 - 2:42:09
 - 10:48 pace
 - 1487 ft. of elevation
 - aveHR 147
 - maxHR 161

Coming back and trail running this distance after a hard bike ride had me nervous but with the SilverKing in Leadville, CO hanging over my head for this summer I wished to see how my body responded.  Overall, very happy.  The majority of my soreness was in my lats and back, which is typical of early season outdoor riding, you just don't use those muscle on the indoor trainer or spin bike.  My heart rate performance continues to impress me and I am consistently staying 100% aerobic during my efforts which I feel is lending to my recovery for back-to-back efforts.

Structurally, my feet and ankle are holding up way better than they did initially the last 2 years.  My new problem area is the inside of my left knee.  Once warmed up and loose, it feels great.  If I sit for too long or do not stretch and foam roll regularly then it is the quite painful and miserable.  Always something, but continuing to dial in the body for the better.

No comments: