Monday, September 21, 2015

Sunday - Sept. 20

100-mile Road Bike
 - part of the Wooman Bike Tour
 - my phone died about mile 75 so I don't have any average/max speed information.

Legs and lungs felt great the whole ride.  Never was I in danger of cramping or out of breath at the top of the climbs.  I did run out of energy the last 20 miles, I should have stopped at the last aid station to refill water bottles and eat a banana.  I'm looking into drink mixes for the longer than 2 hour endurance events; sounds like Hammer Nutrition's Perpetuem and/or Sustained Energy products are in my future.

My butt did get sore from staying in the saddle, but it had been just over a month since I was on the bike.  I do need to do a better job about getting out on the bike and not just riding the recumbent indoors.  Once the winter arrives I will set-up my road bike on the indoor trainer here at the gym.

All in all, I'm very happy with my continued progress and this is just another step.

No comments: