Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Monday - Feb. 26

De-Load week

Dynamic Warm-up / Jump rope 2 minutes

Went with the Crossfit Open workout of 18.1, Craig at the local crossfit gym was curious as to what I could do.  His best guy was just short of 12 full rounds.

20 minutes
 - 8x Toes-to-Bar
 - 10x DB Hang Clean + Press @ 50# (5x r/l)
 - 14 calories Rower
Totals: 11 full rounds + toes-to-bar and 1 db c+p
 - aveHR 162
 - maxHR 175

I can definitely tell I'm not trained for short higher intensity efforts.  I stayed smooth throughout, but probably could have maintained this pace for much longer.  I didn't have that aggressive drive to good faster, but that's not what I'm training for.  Still somewhat impressed with what I was able to accomplish without doing much threshold work at all.  The exercises did fit me very well though.  Being a little shorter would have sped up the toes-to-bar reps, but excuses, excuses.

After Work....

Road Run
 - 2.28 miles
 - 19:06
 - 8:22 pace
 - 157 ft. of elevation
 - aveHR 147
 - maxHR 160

No comments: