Monday, August 20, 2018

Sunday - Aug. 19

Swim the the Moon 5k
 - open water swim

Pinckney State Recreation Area, Michigan
 - 3.18 miles
 - 2:24:18
 - 2:34 /100yds. pace
 - no wetsuit

Definitely a huge distance PR without a wetsuit.  1.2-miles at both half-ironman distances were no wetsuit, but my full ironman 2.4-mile swim was with a wetsuit.  I get a huge boost from the wetsuit and don't get worried in open water if I have it.  I was happy that I felt smooth, relaxed and confident the entire time I was in the water.  I was starting to feel tired towards the end and afterwards but not a deep fatigue like in other events I've done.  Now I really need to work on going faster, both here in the water and with my running.  But now it is time to rest and recharge the batteries.  No more big events for the rest of the year, just play. 

No comments: