Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday - Sept. 9

Dynamic Sprint Warm-Up
Barbell Snatch
2 x 40 kg
2 x 50
2 x 60
2 x 65
2 x 65
2 x 65

KB 2-arm Jerk @ 20kg
- 4 minutes @ 8 rpm
- 4 minutes @ 8 rpm
- 4 minutes @ 10 rpm

1-arm Jerk @ 32kg
- 4 minutes @ 8 rpm

15 minutes (EDT)
Handstand Pushup
10 sets of 1
hangboard Pullups
10 sets of 5

Break for dinner - Hour and a half

Dynamic Sprint Warm-up
Multi-directional 6" Hurdle Jumps to Sprint x 8
Side step to sprint x 8

KB Snatch @ 20 kg
- 10 minutes @ 12 rpm

Swings @ 32kg
- 20/20
- 20/20

Grippers
sport x 5
trainer x 3
#1 x 2
#2 x 2
#3 x 1, 1, 1 (all credit card sets) i failed on a 4th attempt.

My body is feeling good and I like the progression that I am taking to get back to the 32kg competition bells. Using the oly lifting just prior to the KBs really fired up my CNS and made for some crisp jerks. Also a big thank you to Catherine Imes, I have been reading her IGx postings on technique and really found the sweetspot on my snatches and swings today. Its all about the correct timing of the hip pop, much like the second pull in oly lifting, to get the job done.

You will also notice that I am training every other day. I have found this to work best for me when training for kettlebell competition. I do about an hour of stretching on the off days to stay loose.

No comments: