Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Training Day - July 29 - Tuesday

Agility Ladder to Warm-up

Speed Squats @ 250 lbs. + Heavy (2") jumpstretch bands
15 sets of 2 reps on the minute

15 minutes (EDT)
Double swings (hardstyle)
13 sets of 5 @ 32kg
Donkey Calf Raise
12 sets of 5 @ 100 lbs.

Tabata Situps
10 sets - 15 reps per set

It felt good to be back training. The past 2 weekends really did a number on me but it was well worth it. I will not be training grip specifically this week until friday. Doing the short bends and rolling the frying pan on saturday after 3 GS sets fried my tendons in my wrist and I need to let them heal.

The squats felt very good today with the increased band tension (2" up from 1.5" wide bands). I dropped the bar weight back down to the weight I started with on the 1.5" bands and I will look to add 5-10kg each week for the next 4-6 weeks. I have yet to settle on a strongman comp in september, but my next major event will be the Global Grip Challenge on August 30.

No comments: