Monday, June 30, 2008

Training Day - June 28 - Saturday

It was a rough day on saturday, but weight was lifted and that is a positive. We went out for a friday night on the town in celebration of my former roommates new job and home purchase. Beer is not a performance enhancing substance.

Axle Clean + Press
5 x 45kg
3 x 65
1 x 85
1 x 95
1 x 105

Its the most weight i've C+J on the axle recently so I was pleasantly surprised.

Axle Deadlift
3 sets of 10 reps @ 155kg

I will need a good showing in the axle deadlift for reps in the comp. on July 19. 155kg felt nice and easy and will be doing more deadlift training this week.

550lbs. tire flip for 25yds x 2

Tire pulls, I chain up my 550 tire and pull it like a truck pull. I tried doubling up and pulling 2 tires stacked on top of each other but the friction on the black top was too great for me on this day. I will try again.

No comments: